1. Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect your personally identifiable information only when necessary to provide you with our services, and we keep it only for as long as necessary to fulfill our program requirements or comply with applicable law. We collect information in three ways: when you provide it to us, automatically by us, and from others.
(A) Information You Provide to Us
Contact Information. When you sign up for our mailing list, workshops or ask about our programs, we collect contact information, such as your name, phone number, e-mail address, and mailing address.
- Application Information. When you apply to our programs, we may collect your name, email, phone number, current and previous address, social security number, date of birth, and other contact information. We may also collect demographic information, such as your age, gender and race/ethnicity, marital status and education.
- Program Information. When you participate in our programs, we may also collect your credit scores, housing and employment information, income, tax information and program attendance. Our Privacy Notice (Aviso de Privacidad | Avi Sou Vi Prive) and your specific program information release form and participation agreement further explains the information we can collect and how we maintain and share your personal information.
- Credit Card Information. If you make a donation through our website, we also collect your name, credit or debit card information, phone and mobile number, mailing address, e-mail address, and billing address to complete the transaction.
(B) Information We Collect Automatically
- Usage Information. We may also collect general information about your use of our website, such as your computer IP address, unique mobile device identifier, browser type, ISP or carrier name, and pages you access on our websites.
- Social Media Information. If you use Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, or other social media sites to sign up, we may collect the information that you submit through that site. When you “like” us on Facebook or "follow" us other social media sites, we will also collect your name and e-mail address from that site. If you submit information through social media sites, your information is governed by their privacy policies and information you share might be seen by the general public.
- Information from Cookies. Our website may use "cookies" to help you personalize your online browsing. A cookie is a string of text that a web page server stores on your computer to tell the server that you have returned. For example, if you bookmark our website, a cookie helps the site to recall your specific information on future visits. You can accept or decline cookies.
- Tracking Technology and Do-Not-Track Requests. We do not use any technology that tracks your online activities over time and across third-party web sites, nor do we plan on doing so in the future. Therefore, we offer no response to Do-Not-Track requests transmitted by web browsers.
We encourage you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from our site so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. Compass Working Capital is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of our websites.
(C) Information We Collect from Others
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, housing authorities and other program partners. For example, we will obtain your credit score as part of providing you with financial coaching services. We may also obtain rent, housing information and FSS escrow balances from your housing provider as part of your participation in our programs. You consent to the personal information we can receive from others in the information release form and participation agreement that applies to your specific Compass program.
2. How We Use Your Personal Information
We collect and use your personal information to provide you with our services, to communicate with you regarding your program, or to send you updates, newsletters, surveys and other communications that may be of interest to you. From time to time, we may contact you on behalf of external service partners about a particular service or program that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not shared with third parties.
3. How We Share Information
We do not sell, rent or share personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent. We share your personal information with third parties in the following limited ways:
- Employees and Consultants. We may disclose information about you to our employees and consultants that need to know the information in order to help us deliver our services or to process the information for us. We require our employees and consultants to safeguard personal information that we share with them.
- Program Providers. We may share information about you with our trusted program partners (such as housing authorities, multi-family owners and service organizations) who need to know information about you to provide services to you and help us administer our programs. The types of data we share and how we share them are described further in your program’s information release form and participation agreement. These partners are prohibited from using your personal information except to manage your specific program, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- Third Party Vendors. We also may share data about you with our third party vendors and services providers to provide their services to us. These vendors help us provide services to you, such as hosting our website and client management system, processing your credit / debit card information when you make a donation, or providing data analysis and research to help us evaluate the impact of our programs. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Compass Working Capital, and they are required to make privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- With Your Consent. We may share and disclose information with your consent or as you request. For example, we may share your information with your housing provider or program providers as you authorize us to do so in the applicable information release form.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information. We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about our program participation and impact.
4. Information You Share Publicly
5. Security of Your Personal Information
We work hard to secure your personal information. We use reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We also limit access to personal information about you to employees and consultants who reasonably need it to provide services to you, or to do their jobs. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. However, because no security system is perfect, we cannot completely guarantee the security of your information. In addition, we have no control over the security of other web sites that you might visit even when a link may appear to those web sites site from our site.
6. Opt-Out and Unsubscribe
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us. You may stop receiving emails from us by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you messages relating to your program, appointments and legal notices.
7. Changes to this Policy
8. Contact Information
Effective as of January 24, 2018